Memorex 1Gb USB stick with U3 launcher

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, the mother-in-law got me a 512 Geek squad memory stick with that new U3 lancher on it. It pissed me off so bad I returned it and got a Memorex 1Gb stick. Guess what, comes with U3 "smart" technology on it as well. It is supposed to make autoplay and running apps from the USB stick easier. For some reason on my Dell labtop and my HP desktop the thing keeps ejecting and re-connecting. Every time it does this a U3 window pops up on the screen while this launcher software loads. As I am typing this it has happened twice. Not to mention it takes up about 12 meg, no biggy with 1Gb of space, but it is more of a principle thing to me. The launch drive (j: in my case) is read only and I cannot delete the U3 software off it, says something about being a cd-drive? The k: that the bulk of the stick gets assigned to has some U3 files you can delete, but does not get the j: stuff off. My basic question, how can I get rid of the automatic U3 crap?!?!? I just want a friggin memeory stick that I can put stuff on!!!!! PNY is the only brand I found at BestBuy that did not have the U3 stuff on it at this time, but I don't want to shell out $40 more to not have software I don't want!!!! Someone somewhere knows how to get rid of it....

Curious...

Hello Rabidranger. I just read your post about the U3 software and I couldn't agree more! That software drives me nuts and all I want to do is get rid of it permanently. I didn't notice any answer to your question, we're you ever able to figure out how to delete the U3 software?

It would certainly be much better if you could add ANY program to the launcher. I have had a hard time figuring out how to do this so I can launch my own programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back