Memory and games

Status
Not open for further replies.
recently i have problems playing games (such as random crashing and blue screens saying something about physical memory and "looping")

i did a windows memory check and as it was checking it, it showed this

stride6= failure

does that point towards the problem or am i on the wrong path here?

Seems you`re on the right track. either your ram is faulty, or your overclocking too much. If it`s the latter, set everything to the default speeds and see how it goes. If you`re running more than one stick of ram, you need to test each stick individually to find out which stick is faulty.

Regards Howard :)

You check each stick individually, by opening your computer and removing all sticks except one, then if that passes, take it out and replace it with another stick of ram etc etc.

freedomnum1 said:
well i wudnt know how to overclock my ram so i doubt its that, how do i check each stick on its own?

Just turn off the computer, remove one stick and reboot. Run the PC under some load like Prime95 (freeware) for awhile and see if it crashes. Repeat with the second stick.

You can/should also run MemTest, again on each stick as above.

:) Hi Howard. Sorry.

freedomnum1 said:
if that doesnt turn out to be the problem, wat other ideas do u have?

I`m fairly confident that ram is the problem, but if it turns out not to be, we`ll have to look at that possibility and see what else it could be.

ok i tried them seperately and strangely none of them got a single fail, not even on stride6, but together they still fail it

any ideas?

That sounds like either a ram mismatch problem or maybe a problem with one of the dimm slots on your mobo.

Are all your ram sticks the same size/speed/brand?

Ok, test the ram individually in both dimm slots, this is to rule out the possibility of a faulty dimm slot. If they still pass, then it`s probably due to a ram mismatch. In otherwords, you really need to use ram of the same brand/speed/size.

See our Ram trouble shooting thread HERE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back