memory could not be reaD!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
techspot help!

everytime I play 3d games the computer crashes and says "Application error
The instruction at 0x67706d2e referenced at 0x67706d2e. The memory could not be read."

my os is windows xp sp2
geforce 6600 gt

I have installed all the new drivers but it didn't solve the problem.
what will i do next??

This may happen because the 3D games and filling up your RAM then reach the faulty part of the RAM and crash. Replace your RAM and see what happens.

Before going out and buying new RAM, try to run memtest86 for a while and see if it catches any errors. Preferably a couple hours or more.

I have downloaded memtest and istalled it in my computer. After running it for hours it detected an error saying "memory error detected pair 11650039 does not does not store acuurately" What can I do to fix this problem??

If it gave errors, then it means your RAM is bad and I'm sorry to say it, but that's not a problem you can fix without buying some new RAM for your computer.

If you don't know what kind of RAM is in your computer, you can download cpu-z and use it to find out.

tnx a lot..

I have downloaded 2 kinds of memtest. One is MEMTEST86 which showed no errors after running it for 20hrs.The other one is MEMTEST which showed 4 errors after running it for an hour, just want to know which of these to is more acurate.

I have just bought a new ram 512mb but still it shoed an error when i play 3d games The instruction at '0x7c901010' referenced memory at '0x0000001c'.
The memory could not be 'read'.
. is this a problem of service pack 2 windows xp??

what can I do?

To rule out RAM as a problem you should follow the guide here and run MemTest with just the new stick of RAM in the computer and if it gives any errors then either

A. The new RAM is also bad (hopefully not) or
B. The motherboard is running the RAM beyond it's specifications

If it doesn't give any errors, then RAM has been ruled out as the problem.
--
I'd also like to know whether the original problem was something that started suddenly or is a problem you've always had. (has it ever worked before, and if so then what has changed since then?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back