Memory dual channel problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielb

I was having problems with quickpar and newsbin pro, all files were corrupted or missing. i ruled out application and OS errors so i decided to test my ram with a microsoft ultility. One test failed. So i tested the sticks individually, both fine. So i then put them in dimm 1 and 2 and everything was fine. I only get errors when in dimm 3. Do you think mt new motherboard is duff?

Its a gigabyte ds3 and im using kingston 667mhz ddr2 ram.

I havent checked if that was causing my corrupted downloads yet though, but if the mobo is duff i can send it back. thanks for reading.

Are yolu trying to say that you have two sticks of RAM (2 X 512), or three sticks combination of 1 gig of RAM.
If you only have two sticks and seat them in DIMM 1 and DIMM 3, skipping a DIMM slot, ?

The mobo's DIMM slots are set to operate in sequence. You can't skip a slot, meaning if you have two sticks, they have to be in DIMM 0 and DIMM 1.

My bad. Haven't messed with the dual channel memory. Read in quite a few posts about problems with it though.
It could be a bad DIMM slot, but the memory shouldn' cause the corrupted/missing files.

seems to have done the trick no crc failures, so my only conclusion is a naff motherboard? anyone agree?

It passes the memtest86 tests :( its pissing me off now. Its only either quickpar or newsbin pro im having trouble with at the moment

:( Lol files definately wont verify with mem in dimm3, switched to dimm2 and redownload and bam it works. Why are errors not showing up in memtech.

A happy ending for this thread :) I contacted kingston, they said to guarantee 2 dimms will work in dual channel mode you should always buy in kits. Both sticks were fine individually, even so they replaced them within 3 days!!! and all is well, excellent support. Tests are flawless now :bounce:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back