Memory Dump, BSOD, Computer Crash & Auto Reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.

RJ3301

I have been plaqued with this problem for several months and need assistance. The CPU and case temps are well within normal, all USB devices were unplugged and I cannot trace the source of this. I've attached some of the minidump files for anyone who can decipher them.

Thank you

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    98.8 KB · Views: 26
RJ3301 said:
I have been plaqued with this problem for several months and need assistance. The CPU and case temps are well within normal, all USB devices were unplugged and I cannot trace the source of this. I've attached some of the minidump files for anyone who can decipher them.

Thank you
Hi
I had a look at your minidumps

2 crashes at vetefile.sys. AFAIK, this is part of EZ AV software. Upgrade to the latest version or uninstall it.

2 crashes by ntoskrnl.exe,. Test your ram using memtest(www.memtest.org, and let it pass at least 7 times.

1 crash at win32K.sys this may just be related to the above crashes.

Thank you Ididmyc600:
I ran memtest for 13 hours, on 1Gb of Ram, and it passed 8 tests with 0 errors. I've attached a few more minidumps if you wouldn't mind looking at them. Included is one from today where I had shutdown the AV in processes and still had it crash. My AV is the most up to date and I have had great luck with EZ AV after a really bad Norton episode but if that is the cause, then I'll have to remove it. Thank you again for your assistance.

Attachments

• Mini081606-03.zip
    91.8 KB · Views: 5
Ok so 3 of them still crash at Ntoskrnl.exe and the last is that VETEFILE.SYS this as you know is the EZ AV,
I would hazard a guess that the EZAV is trying to reference memory in a way that XP is not finding acceptable it may be trying to write to memory that is unavailable and this is resulting in the Blue Screen of Death.

I suggest you get rid of the EZ AV fully and see how it goes, try AVG as an AV solution, it's supposed to be one of the better free ones.

Let me know how you go on and again keep posting the dump files if I get stumped i'll ask a senior mod to take a look.

regards

You are correct, sir. I have not had a single crash since removing EZ AV. Thank you for your assistance with a several month long annoyance.

RJ3301 said:
You are correct, sir. I have not had a single crash since removing EZ AV. Thank you for your assistance with a several month long annoyance.

Nice to hear that you are now BSOD free, that's my second successful minidump analysis to date.. :D.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back