Memory Overheating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

exero

Hello, I have http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820146299 and im having a problem with some of my games such as battlefield 2, and half life 2, where after about an hour or so of playing the game becomes so choppy that its unplayable. It seems like the memory is having a hard time functioning, and i think it maybe overheating, or its just not the best quality (considering its value with no heat spreaders). I ran memtest for 10 hours straight with no errors. I tried putting in my friends memory in, he has http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820145450 and both games ran great, for over 2 hours. So i figured its the memory, im just not sure if its overheating, or if the quality of the memory just isnt good enough for high spec games. I was thinking about upgrading to some top notch memory, but wanted to make sure that its truly what i need. Thank you

Specs:
AMD Athlon XP 2500+
mushkin Value 1GB (2 x 512MB) memory
leadtek nvidia 6600gt
Asus A7N8X motherboard

yes i agree check temps if they ok run super pi at 1 mill and see if it completes . also if you are overclocking ur board try relaxing the memory , or run ur board at stock settings ( auto ) and see how it goes . also u may wanna check for spyware adware stuff .

well im not getting any artifacts when the game stutters, and when i use my friends high quality memory, the problem haults, even after testing in games for several hours, way more gameplay than my value memory could put up. I also checked temps on both cpu and vid card and they are fine.

EDIT: my system isnt overclocked, forgot to mention that, and i also have no spyware or viruses, and defrag frequently. I consider my pc to be in top notch form as far as that goes.

"super pi at 1 mill" not sure what that is.. is it a program?

thanks i really appriciate it

type in Super Pi in google its a benchmarking utility i like to use for testing out ram settings and cpu . it tests the memory and cpu ability to calculate Pi , and tests them and mainboards sub systems fairly well . Or u can use this link Super Pi to download and read up on it ...

alright thanks, thats a cool benchmarking utility. It completed 1mil just fine, with the value memory inserted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back