Memory parity error

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCool

I have a Dell Inspiron 9400 (as some of you might know from helping me before). Every once in a while, not very often tho, I'll get a blue screen and it will say Hardware error Memory parity error. This will only happen once every couple days, and is just random.

So, could someone PLEASE tell me it doesn't mean my ram is bad. PLEASE!!!! :p

LOL, I don't wanna send it back to Dell again. So, any ideas on what could cause this?

Thanks again, you guys are great. :)

Nope, and I forgot to mention that it gives me no information about this in the event viewer either.

If you suspect bad ram, run memtest 86+ booted from a floppy or CD rom. Run for at least 7 passes. If you get any errors, the RAM is bad.

Ok, I read some of that, will finish the rest when I'm not so tired. But the error just happened again, seems to be getting more frequent. And this is exactly what it says:

*** Hardware Malfunction
Call your hardware vendor for support
NMI: Parity Check/Memory Parity Error
*** They system has halted ***

I'll run the memory test too and let you guys know how it goes. Thanks for the help.

To me it sounds like faulty memory. Just remember that if you get new memory, get good memory. None of that "Kingston Value Ram" lol

Well, I'll be getting whatever kind Dell sends me for replacement. I'm still under warranty :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back