Memory Stick soaked in juice, Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings,
I am new here and need help urgently. My memory stick which contains a lot of important files and information got soaked in juice last night. Now neither laptop nor desktop reads it. Is there a way I can retrieve the information? I know this question sounds silly however I do not, maybe there is someone knows the answer.
Thank you all for the help in advance.

Heh, sucks to be you. Its likely toast now. What you can try, and for future reference, is get some distilled water (actually likely any water will do, but distilled would be best), and rinse it multiple times in that. What you are doing here is trying to get all the crap cleaned off of it, and its circuitry/chips. Then, you need to let it throughly dry, probably no less than a day, unless you have it where its got adequate air flow and warmth (like a food dehyrator).

I've known of flash drives to survive a wash and the dryer before, but thats because they were all nice and dry before attempting to use again.

Also, never put important files on a flash drive without having another copy somewhere else. (Gmail is a great secondary spot to keep them if you don't want to save to the hd of whatever machine you were working on)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back