memory stick troubleshooting

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently bought a usb memory stick, and had to return it because it did not work on either of my computers. In a few days I exchanged it for the same type of stick, and tested it at the store. it worked, but when i took it home it didn't work. then i returned it and bought a totally different one. when i got home it worked on the computer, and another computer, but then it stopped working. I would like to know what is wrong and how to fix it.

I have that drive, they're excellent, but the USB doesn't work will with network drives if it can't see the drive it suppose to use. F: Depending on what you have.

A-FD
B-FD
C-Local Drive
D-Local Drive or CD-ROM
E-Network Drive
F-Travel Drive USB2

I don't think that the stick is getting power, because the indicater light on it doesn't turn on. I really want to know how to fix it, because I can't return this one because it had a mail in rebate.

maybe its your usb drive. one of mine is fried(along with many other things in my comp :D) how many usb ports do you have? If more than 1, try other ports and see if it works

hope i helped

pointmaker999 said:
that post didn't answer my question

Flash drives have problems. Either your USB voltages are screwy or something else odd is going on. We've been examining this issue for months in posts. That "Read" that is at the top of this forum consists of 98% or higher of what has been suggested to do with drives like yours.

You should probably take a look through it again, and then actually try all that was suggested. Post back with results.

I couldn't do very much of what the other post suggested because my drive doesn't show up in My Computer. This sort of thing has happened before to my usb card reader, but all I needed to do was restart the computer. It could be that my usb disk drive is dead. I would be gratefull for any more advice or links to other posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back