Memory timings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah, well I've installed on 2 x Kingston PC3200 DDR333 512MB memory sticks. ;) I could adjust following memory timings trough BIOS:

Memory Clock:
CAS Latency:
TRAS:
TRP:
TRCD:
TRRD:
MA Timing:
Burst Length:
Bank Interleaving:

So, what memory timings you suggest that I should adjust on?

Find out what kingston suggest for your ram first off. It may even be printed on a label on the ram itself.

And where the hell I find answer to that one, should I call to Kingston support or what? Why dont somebody just tell me what memory timings they use with Kingston PC3200 DDR400 memory sticks, cause it's lot more easier that way, than I try to find what Kingston suggest to use, damn.

I dont use kingston so i cant answer the question, i do however use ddr400 ram but i have no idea if the timings will be the same or not. The timings are on a label on my ram and its a bit of a pain to get into my pc and have a look.

Those timings seem fine, if you're using standard or value RAM. I'd recommend to modify your "command rate" to "1". Also, if you're using DDR 333 RAM, maybe you can set the "CAS Latency" to "2". But if your RAM is DDR 400, leave the CAS latency to "2.5" :)

BTW, Don't get angry with these guys, they're only trying to help :)

Leave the CAS latency to "2.5", and try to change command rate to "1T"

The rest of the timings are correct, according to your RAM type.

Wow. Those are aggresive timings. The best way to test your RAM, is to play an intensive game for an extended period of time.

If you don't get any crashes, or sudden reboots, or other kind of anomalies, congratulations, you have GREAT RAM :)

don't get angry with people here that try to help you. nobody can answer your question properly because your posts contradict each other. nobody know's what RAM you actually have.

1. in post #3, you state that you have PC3200 DDR333 :confused: (PC2700 is DDR333)

2. in post #5, you state that you have PC3200 DDR400

3. in post#10, you state that you're using "kingston original RAM", but you provide a link to Kingston DDR400 Value RAM

4. in both of your CPU-Z screenshots (from post#1 and post#12) your RAM is operating at 162.6MHz (DDR333), which could suggest that you're using PC2700(DDR33) sticks

There are no generic timings that apply to all RAM sticks since every RAM model is different when it comes to how tight the timings can run.

Timings can also differ between Intel and AMD based systems as well.

:monkey:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back