Mentest help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stonking

Hi, I am not sure if this is in the right place but lets try. I have run Memtest by putting a floppy in and the pc booted up and I saw the mem test page come up, lots of figures as it ran through the test then my pc rebooted its self and ran it all over again and and. Is this right? How do I stop it to see the results of the test?

Regards

This is not normal. Memtest should run forever. You may have hardware or compatibility issues that make the computer reboot.

How do you know it ran through the test? The "Pass" progress bar should go all the way to 100% and then loop back to 0 to start another.

Which memtest version was it exactly? If you used Memtest86 then try Memtest86+ instead.

Nodsu, I have checked and its Mentest86. I did a google search and cannot find Mentest 86+ can you point me in the right direction. I have also put the floppy in another computer and it did the same so I am hoping there's a problem with the floppy.Regards

Howard, Thanks for that. I have it up and running now and it appears my panic was misguided because all is well. Regards Stephen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back