Message Twarnmsg keeps popping up and the fan is spinning

Status
Not open for further replies.

rllngriver

How can I fix this? Is the message something to worry about?

I changed the twarnmsg.exe file name so it would stop popping up.

It specifically says a problem with the cooling system has been detected, please turn off and return immediately for service.

Intel Celeron M Processor 2.8Ghz
XP Home SP2

AVG and Norton Internet Security seems to be taking up a lot of resources as per the task list. The CPU usage has been running at 100% lately.

What did you end up using to find this worm?

I scanned with Norton,spybot,adaware, and avg. It did not find this? What do you recommend?

I did complete restore and I am sorry to say the message still came up.

BOO HOO!!!. The CPU is still running at 100%. I have not even installed any 3rd party software yet. Do you think this something I really need to worry about? I think I read somewhere on this forum that someone had the same issue and they were okay.

thats not okay if it always running on 100%.... wich CPU do you have? Ghz..Mhz??
i think u can beter make a backup of your data, and reinstall windows. Ow Ya and dont forget to format HDD before installatoin.

RE: my processor

It is an Intel Celeron M 2.80 GHz. I already did a full format and reinstall. It did not help.Dont worry everything has been backed up.

Celeron processors have lower cache than Pentium. thats can be reason that it run on 100%. But if it run always on 100% its not ok. chek it in "task manager" wich application utilize processor.

indeed, check the task manager, click 'processes'
now look at which process uses the most 'cpu' ) e.g. if it says CPU 06, it uses 6% of your cpu.

CPU usage

Well, different processes tend to run up the usage at different times. At this particular moment, they are

svchost.exe
and
update.exe

I will keep you posted.

AVG and Norton IS? Two anti-viruses installed at the same time will "fight" each other because they see the other A/V as a potential threat because they are so deeply embedded in the OS. This can lead to 100% processor usage. Try taking one of them off and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back