Meteor shower???

poertner_1274

Is anyone planning on watching the meteor shower tonight? I plan on taking a look here in the USA. It is going to be an early morning, but that's ok. I'll try and post some pics if they turn out okay, but we'll see........

I wish I would have heard about this earlier.. The biggest meteor shower was here at about 6 AM, it's now 10.40 AM :(
Besides, it's almost full moon, too much light..

Where i live in the UK, it was foggy all night:(

It was going to be around 3:50AM here, but at 12:30AM i gave up the fight, and fell asleep...

2:46am right now poert - you better post some good pics... anyway I'm just goign to continue drinking. YOu can have your fun.

Well I successfully managed to stay up and watch it for about 2 hours. It was pretty nice, but the moon was just WAY TOO BRIGHT!!!!! It ruined quite a bit of it, but it was still pretty neat. We tried to take pictures with a digital camera, just leave the apperature open for 10 seconds, but it didnt' work all that great. We do have some nice time laps of the big dipper though. But the overall experience was pretty neat.

I went up to the hills and saw some briefly, it was pretty cool - managed to take some images through a telescope - but they're on my friends laptop - I'll post 'em if I get the chance....

Damn it was cold, good job I had plenty of weed to keep me warm ;)

Back