Mic isn't working!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zurles

My mic does not pick up my voice in both the hardware test from windows, and in ventrilo.

These are the things i know about the problem.

It happened slightly after I was screwing with registry

It is NOT the mic that is faulty, i have tryed 2 mics, and this mic works in a different computer.

i have updated my audio drivers and nothing happened (sis 7012 wave)

It is nothing to do with having it selected on volume controls, or not having it muted on playback. Boost is also on and the scroll for volume is full.

It can't be the port on the computer because if i put the speakers into the mic port i can speak through my speakers, but its barely hearable because they obviously wernt created for that.

I cannot scan my registry with any registry scanner else i get the 0x800000c type thing with the BSOD. ( a problem i havnt received much help in, although i have tryed)

Any suggestions ? what can it be? help!!! please!!...!!

Screwing with the registry without backing it up or otherwise provisioning some way to undo what you've done can really mess some things up. If all else fails, try doing a system restore to the last point before the problem started.

gavilan said:
Screwing with the registry without backing it up or otherwise provisioning some way to undo what you've done can really mess some things up. If all else fails, try doing a system restore to the last point before the problem started.

i already tryed, there isnt a system restore point before i did it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back