Mic problem with RIviera/Diamond Xtreme Sound 7.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phenique

hello, haven't posted in awhile because of meningitis.

Anywho!

I recently bought a Diamond Xtreamesound 7.1 sound card. this is NOT the DDL version FYI. I installed the card, after uninstalling my turtle beach riviera drivers. I then installed Diamond's drivers. Once installed, I followed the reboot procedure, and had much better sound. The only problem is that my microphone didn't work!

I checked that it was plugged in, which is was to the little pink jack with the microphone on it. I did notice that in the mixer options that the device WAS detecting my voice, it just didn't record in audacity, ventrilo, or Second Life.

This made mevery upset and I reverted back to the turtle beach, now when I reinstalled the drivers/software for the turtle beach card, the mixer changed from being a turtle beach mixer to the default windows mixer, which didn't affect the volume as much, so now my microphone is extremely quiet, and I no longer have any access to the "microphone boost" option, which would probably help me. Also, mic volume is on max...

so the problem boils down to:

--Xtreme sound detects voice, but does not record or process it through any programs

--Turtle Beach having different UI in mixer, and no longer have access to Mic boost options, which means VERY quiet mic.

Any ideas why the Xtremesound didn't like my microphone, and/or can you help me get my microphone louder on my computer so people can actually hear my voice with the riviera?

Thank You,
Phenique

What are your computer's specs?

Sorry to hear about your bout wiith Meningitis. How are you doing now?

I'm better now, the amount of flem could have fed a starving child for a few weeks.

Anywho

EVGA 8800GTS 640 (Latest drivers)
Turtle Beach Riviera
Foxconn 590 SLI AM2 MOBO
Corsair XMS RAM 2x1gb 5-5-5-12
Athlon 64 X2 5200+
WD caviar 320 SATA2

you may need to point the program's settings to your new sound card for the mics to work.

audacity edit>preferences>audio I/O> input devices/output etc.

I fied the problem, turtle beach told me to open the "audio rack" which is their multimedia device player. at the bottem featured their mixer, which I was able to use to turn up the volume, and boost. Now I can talk to others :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back