Mic Probs after reformat - please help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ill make it simple. I had to reformat harddrive and after i did so I dont have the option to adjust mic properties. Also I cant use the microphone. Its just a regular plantronics desktop mic. I used to have to use the Office XP voice recog. software to use my mic, but wth the reformat I dont know where the Office software is to do so. Any other options I have or things that I can download? I just use it for TS and nothing else. Any help would be great.

You have to reinstall Office software, in fact you have to reinstall all your software after a HDD format. This includes XP SP2 and any other XP updates.

I dont want to use the offfice software any more is there anoother program that will let me use a mic or does xp require office software to even use a mic? I reinstalled all updates available that I know of

Usually your sound card has software for this, did you reinstall the drivers for this? Even if it's an on-board sound, the mobo manufac gives you a disk with drivers and apps on it.

everything i read points me back to having to use the speech recognition software from Office XP which i cant reinstall. I also have an onbaord soundcard and have no idea who the manufactuer is. I just cant fathom that XP would require everyone who uses a mic to have to use office just to use a mic. Sorr to bother but I am just looking to see if there is another way to use my mic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back