Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer

Status
Not open for further replies.

lokem

Just noticed this on www.warp2search.net:

Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/security/tools/Tools/mbsahome.asp

Microsoft has created a new tool, the Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (MBSA), to analyze Windows systems for common security misconfigurations. Version 1.0 of MBSA includes a graphical and command line interface that can perform local or remote scans of Windows systems. MBSA runs on Windows 2000 and Windows XP systems and will scan for missing hotfixes and vulnerabilities in the following products: Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Internet Information Server (IIS) 4.0 and 5.0, SQL Server 7.0 and 2000, Internet Explorer (IE) 5.01 and later, and Office 2000 and XP.

Anyone tried this yet?

Nice idea but I wouldn't personaly trust Microsoft when it comes to checking security issues. When they clean up their own back yard...well then maybe.

I liked the MPSA but can't get this to run as I don't have all the services active. Dunno can't be bothered with it that much if it won't work without workstation, server & remote registry active.

D/lded it but haven't had time to run it. Geez.... Didn't know I had to switch on so many services to run the thingy {g}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back