Microsoft Money, Windows continually tries to install MS Money 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Windows continually attempts to install MS Money 2002 any time I navigate via Windows Explorer or Internet Explorer. I saw an earlier thread where the same thing happened upon startup but that's not happening with me. I already have MS Money 2002 installed and it's been working fine until 2 January, when the MS Money folder was modified - albeit not by me. I ran a recent version of Norton Anti-Virus & some Spyware programs, but nothing was found.

Would appreciate any help.

doktaluv

Sounds like Microsoft really, REALLY wants your Money! :D

You say the folder was modified -- could it possibly be malware/spyware that's causing it to show up? Nothing MS Money specific, but something that just randomly attached itself to that program. Try a spyware sweep and see if it picks up anything. If not, looks like as fitcha says, backing up your files and reinstalling would probably fix it.

Tmagic650

With most all banks offering on-line banking now, what is the need for programs like MS Money anyway? I can print account info and even print copies of cleared checks and deposits right from my banks website. What else could you need?

doktaluv

For small business owners, programs like Quickbooks and MS Money are life-savers. I own a digital art studio, and a lot of the self-accountancy I do is through MS Money. You can set everything up into separate accounts (receivables, invoices, etc. etc.) and by the time taxes come around, you've got a pretty little print-out for your accountant to run through, instead of digging through tons and tons of receipts.

It's also got quarterly revenue prospect variables, etc. etc. so that I can do profit & loss statements to see if my "on-call" art student employees will be getting more hours each month, or if I can afford raises/bonuses based on the number of jobs completed.

For personal finances, I can't see how it would be too useful aside from "money saving equations", but for my business, it's priceless! I couldn't live without it.

Tedster

it's always good to have your own records. Banks can be wrong.
Sometimes you don't have an internet conection or a printer handy - like me here in Iraq. So when I do- I download it to my laptop. I have a handwritten checkbook, but sometimes I can't read my own chickenscratch, so it's good to have a money program that I can also manually input bills.

yes- online banking is wonderful and some banks like USAA are even allowing you to scan checks you want to deposit so you don't even have to mail them or take a trip. It's really become convienent.

jandarian

have you checked msconfig..startup to see if there is an auto-update prog running when you boot? if so, uncheck it, reboot se if that works.

Other wise, i am sure MS has a knowledge base entry just for this, check it out, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.