Microsoft Runtime Library C++ Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well.. we need to know 1. What operating system. 2. Do you have Microsoft Visual Studio (or any of its components installed), and 3. What is the EXACT error message text? That will help us greatly in diagnosing your woes.

Could anyone please help me?

Could someone please tell me whats wrong and how can I fix it. I keep getting an error when I open my yahoo messenger, heres what it says:

"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!
Program: C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\MESSEN~1\YPager.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information."

or

Runtime Error!
Program: C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\YPager.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information."

Thanks people, much love

Same problem...will someone help?

undefined
flyingwolf_13 said:
Could someone please tell me whats wrong and how can I fix it. I keep getting an error when I open my yahoo messenger, heres what it says:

Runtime Error!

or

Runtime Error!

Thanks people, much love

I'm having the same exact problem. I have run numerous programs to find spyware, etc., but nothing works. This appears to be my only problem at the moment. I'm not an expert on computers, so be gentle. ;)

runtime error

i had the same problem i unstalled all of messenger all toolbars everything with yahoo and then reinstalled it and it has worked since then hope this helps

undefinedCould someone please tell me whats wrong and how can I fix it. I keep getting an error when I want to open my yahoo messenger archive, heres what it says:

Runtime Error!

or

Runtime Error!

Every time i open my yahoo messenger it says "microsoft visual++Runtime error".

I have tried to uninstall all yahoo programs then installed them back. It didn't work though...I'm new here and any help will be highly appreciated. Many thanks...

laleh319 said:
undefinedCould someone please tell me whats wrong and how can I fix it. I keep getting an error when I want to open my yahoo messenger archive, heres what it says:

Runtime Error!

or

Runtime Error!

runtime error!

goto

c:\winnt\inf
right click on ie.inf and click install
you may need to provide your Windows CD for installation files

launch IE

MS Visual C++ Runtime Error!

Greetings to everyone from Oxnard California! I am a new member and like many of my fellow members have indicated on this thread, I have experienced technical difficulties whenever I tried to open a link or even check a member's profile in the Yahoo chatroom.
Whenever I attempt to check a member's profile or open a link found on my emails, I get the following message:
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime LIbrary
Program: C\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
This application has requested the Runtime to
terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the
applications support team for more information.
I also get another message at system start up saying: Windows cannot find C:\WINNT\nail.exe. Gateway techs did a bot application (systemconfig) and they tell me that the system is infected with trojans and viruses..I still have good warranty but was wondering if they were lying to me just to bail out of servicing my system...They say that system viruses are not covered under warranty and I must contact Symantec. I contacted Symantec since I currently subscribe to Norton Internet Security with Antivirus but they charge for service with NO gurantee it will fix the problem. What kind of customer service is that?? Anyways now I am unable to open any link since MSN is not working either. I wonder what good is it to buy Norton Antivirus if you will still get infected anyway and they will charge you on top of everything to remove the virus or spyware... Unbelievable...
My system is a Gateway 700X running on Windows XP professional SP 2. Since I have Verizon Broadband DSL with MSN I share two email accounts. Interestingly when I use the MSN.com account, I never get the Runtime error message. I am able to open every email and even the links found on the emails. But with my Verizon.net account although I am able to receive and open emails, whenever I click to open a link I cannot as the runtime error pops up. Today I noticed that my Yahoo With Voice Messenger (7,0,0, 426 with module 6,0,0, 600) does not enable me to open any user profiles since the same runtime error message pops up.

I have not installed a google toolbar so I do not believe that is the cause.
I have done system restores before and the system worked fine for a few days but then when I try to open a link in my Verizon emails I get the same error once more. During the days when it worked I did not install any new programs.

I have run Norton Internet Antivirus but no viruses were found. Also ran MS Antispyware which found a few adwares and I removed them but still the problem persists! I even purchased a program claiming to fix every known MS registry problem to include runtime errors (Registry Mechanic) to no avail..!!!

To assist the computer experts I have filled out most of my computer
information in my profile. I have just about ran out of options and I do speculate that to the trained eye or computer savvy tech, this problem should not be complicated to fix. Please your assistance will be greatly appreciated and if you happen to reside by my neck of the woods, beer and pizza is on me!!

Mircosoft visual C++ runtime library error

i just recently bought fable:The lost chapters and i started it up and it gave me.

Runtime Error!
Program: C:\Program files\microsoft games\Fable-The lost chapters\fable.exe

i am new and have asked everyone i knew, they didn't know. but one of my friends pointed me here. so if anyone could help me that would be much abliged.

Hi there,

I'm facing exactly the same problem. :(
Just wondering whether have you figured out how to fix the problem?

Much appreciated!

Thanks!

B
Time_bomb said:
i just recently bought fable:The lost chapters and i started it up and it gave me.

Runtime Error!

i am new and have asked everyone i knew, they didn't know. but one of my friends pointed me here. so if anyone could help me that would be much abliged.

This might help. I installed Mavis Teaches Typing on a computer here at work and got Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library error. It was a permission issue. Users needed to be set to Power User or greater.

Make sure you are not logging in as guest or a normal user. Be administrator or Power User.

Just thought I would throw that out there if it helps anyone. If its on your personal computer than you probably should be admin already.

same prob.

im having the same runtime error...

just got the game 2 days ago i tried everything at the microsoft support page, and still nothing gives me the exact same error message exept my game will run fine to a certain point but when i talk to a person for a certain quest (ones that involve combat) it locks up and gives me that message so as you can imagine i have not got far when the error occurs.

Runtime Error!

help

I'm having the SAME PROBLEM except for something else

I recently bought a game called The Sims 2
And when I run it it says:

Runtime Error!
Program: C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSBin\Sims2.exe

I have no clue what to do

I hope there's a way to fix it with out uninstalling it because then I'll lose everything I've created so far

Please Help )=

Hi there!

I have a similar problem.

I am using Windows XP Home Edition.
When I go to Windows Explorer and click on My Computer, I get the following error:-
------------------------------------

Runtime Error!
Program: C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.exe

Abnormal program termination
-------------------------------------
I tried uninstalling Google toolbar.

Still no luck.

Please help me.
Thanks.

Red Orchestra runtime error

Hi, I got exactly The same problem , but with the game "Red Orchestra", I just downloaded it from Steam. But when i start it , it gives me the same message as all others have recieved here.

Should a reinstall help ?, Or does someone know what to do.

Hi , I'm getting the same error . I have windows xp ,the only time I get the error is when I try a "test" on the pc pitstop site . I don't have other programs running . The error is Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library ,C:/programfiles/internetexplore/iexplore.exe ,after I click "ok" explore will shut down . I have been using that site for years ,I haven't downloaded nor installed any files for weeks . Any ideas on how to fix this ?

Microsoft Runtime Library C++ Error - fixed I hope

I had the same problems so I checked in my control panel, system, advanced, settings, data execution prevention - windows explorer was unchecked so I checked it and now explorer is not crashing. I hope this works for others ;-)

Solution to C++ runtime error

I bought a brand new laptop, Sony Vaio with Windows vista, IE 7, MS Office 2007.
All sites worked fine except my office mails where I started receiving C++ runtime error as soon as a dialog box opened indicating either a reminder or a new mail. There was no option but to log off.
I searched all the sites and applied all the solutions mentioned but to no avail.
Finally, I downloaded firefox browser which worked fine, but I was not very comfortable with it. A week ago, I downloaded IE 8 and my problem was fully resolved.

Hope it works for you as well; Do let us know..

Microsoff Visual C++ Runtime Library

I'm getting a Runtime Error!

the message is:

Program: C:\Program Files\MS_UPDATE\MS_Update.exe

Has anyone seen this message, my operating system is windows xp sp3 v.2002

No superty, like all your other suggestions to reformat or reinstall, this is not appropriate.

weepie, I see this is your first post. Welcome to TechSpot.

This thread was started 5 years ago. It is left for reference, but should be locked so members don't continue posting on it.

I will give you one tip and ask that if you require further help to please start you own separate thread:

The most frequent cause of the Runtime errors are the add-ons in the browser:
Open IE> Tools> Manage Add-on> Disable each add-on. Then out them back one at a time until you find the one causing the runtime error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back