Microsoft Wireless Keyboard Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildebeastie

Please help,
have installed wireless desktop set, ps2 connection only for keyboard and usb/ps2 connection for mouse. Mouse works fine with either connection, the keyboard is a nightmare.
Works fine on one PC reboots fine and no issues. The other PC doesn't get past POST. Blank screen and no beeps after POST or messages. Both PCs run on XP Professional.
Have even done a total clean install to get rid of any software or device conflicts, only has monitor, keyboard and mouse attached. Works fine with old cabled keyboard and mouse.

PS. works if I boot with old keyboard/mouse and then change over to wireless whilst running but when reboots same old problem

Please please help

Could be that the PC is too old to accomodate a wireless keyboard.
Check that the powersupply for that keyboard-sender is ON before you boot.
You sure it's wireless PS/2 and that the keyboard is not also USB?
If so, check USB settings for keyboard in BIOS.

I use a microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse set too. You can plug in only the usb and both your mouse and keyboard would be connected. You also can plug them in seperatly. Try plugging in only the usb and see what happens.

cT

wildebeastie said:
Have even done a total clean install to get rid of any software or device conflicts,
Make a note, when something doesn't work in POST, it's got nothing to do with software lol ..

ChineseTechie said:
I use a microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse set too. You can plug in only the usb and both your mouse and keyboard would be connected. You also can plug them in seperatly. Try plugging in only the usb and see what happens.

cT
Thanks a bunch, feel really dumb now. Tried using only the usb mouse connector and keyboard & mouse now works fine also no more probs with rebooting.

Much appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back