Microsoft Word 2003 keeps Crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey,

I have a problem where Word 2003 crashes when I open a document, especially if that document is an email attachment, or something I havn't authored, it happens about 95% of the time. It usually freezes and i can't type, or use my mouse on the page, i usually have to right click on the window bar to close the window. It then pops up a window that I have chosen to close the unresponsive program and asks me to send notification to microsoft. I have dloaded all the latest security packs etc., checked the msoft website, visrus checked and run the office recovery software as well and havn't had any luck in fixing the problem.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

thelaceman

Have you tried reinstalling the software? You said you tried the recovery, but did you uninstall it and reinstall it? That would be my best advice.

BTW
:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

Problems with Word 2003

Hi,
I did have a problem with Word 2003.
With the problem that I had, I went to the Help menu, having opened word.
There is a 'Detect and repair' menu. Click on that. From what I remember, you will need the Office Disk you installed from, but it DID fix my problem in no time at all.
Good luck

Hi everyone,

The problem is still not 100% fixed but i think I have isolated it to my printer driver. Office 2003 seems to not like my printer driver for some reason. I am hoping that some changes im making will make a difference.

So if your having a similar problem, try uninstalling your pronter driver.

Cheers,

urbanseeder

windows 2003 and printer driver

My printer driver is the hp all in one printer-scanner-copier hhp psc 2105. Is that the same as yours. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back