Microsoft Word and new XP user account

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently created a 3rd user account On my PC in Windows XP Professional. When I log into that account, I am immediately propted to install Microsoft Office 2003 from the CD or other place on my computer. Even though I am able to go into the start menu and use any of the Office applications. However when I DO use it on the 3rd account, any attempt to print will start the installation prompt again.

The installation prompt will also come up when attempting to print a .pdf file or any other application.

I created a 4th account just to see if It will do the same. It does as well as a 5th account with limited access. all new user accounts have the same problem. I have already deleted the 4th and 5th accounts because they were created only to see if it was an isolated incedent, which it unfortunately is not.

I have the master account (my own), and my sibling's account which both work absolutely fine with no problems. I really want this third account because it provides my father, pretty new to computers, with his own costomizable work space on my computer.

It's really frustrating. can anyone help?

Why dont you just insert the Office CD?

Many versions of Office will do this to install the user-experience, custom templates and build the Office trees per-user from the CD. This is normal with many versions of MS Office (especially 2003 and above).

Just simply pop in the CD and let it do it's thing. It will take several minutes but it will simply create a tree of directories/files and setup the registry for the newly created user so as they can run Office with all it's toys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back