Microsoft Word security flaw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phantasm66

A security hole has been found in Microsoft Word versions 2000 and 2002. This flaw could lead to a user's system being compromised. It is due to an input validation error within the parsing mechanism for document files. It can be used to crash the process. It can perhaps also be used to execute arbitrary code, although this remains unproved.

Every product has a security flaw.. It's not just Microsoft... it's like the war on terror... at no point in time is anyone going to stand up and say "we've done it, we have won there are no more terrorists" or "we did it, this software is now completely impenetratable to all outside users."

The sooner we all except this, the easier it will be to live our lives without unwarranted paranoia.

So we should not notify the public about flaws in MS software because other programs may have flaws too and it would shed a bad light on MS?

Well, I was going to type this up in Word first then paste it but my Word was compromised by an eTerrorist.

omg...who would compromise your machine though MS Word? lol

I agree with the first guy, I work for a software company, and I have yet to see ANY software that is 100% UNcompromisable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back