Microsoft Works 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
When saving a file in Mircrosoft Works 7.0 spreadsheet, when I key the file name, it only saves it under the first letter I type. For example, if I name a file bills, it will only save it under b.xlr. If I have a file already named that, it asks if I want to replace it. Has anyone else had this problem?
THanks,
Queenmimi

if you goto start , control panal , view, explorer bar, folders, find that microsoft file, see if there is anything wrong with it, normally, it comes with that READ ME file, have you checked it all? if that's okay, then

goto start, Run, type in appwiz.cpl YOU have to wait, check change/remove programs. scroll down to microsoft, and check if the spreadsheet is installed completely with microsoft office? sometimes, it is only that the basic or minimum software that installed into your computer..

you might have to CHANGE and follow that little setup. i hope you have the cd. you can REINSTALL or CHANGE INSTALLATIONS for a complete works launcher 7.0 office. that is my best guess, i think that this spreadsheet saving the first letter of any doc. is some glitch or something your computer caught. sorry it that wasn't much help... i tried. :(

Works Suite 2002 requires the product key... as do most discs for Works Suite 2001...

You can buy this suite sealed on eBay for as low as $5.00 to $10.00 plus $5.00 shipping. Be sure you can see the certificate of authenticity which has the product ID on it.

works is a really crappy program and generally incompatible with most other office suites. Use a free and good office suite like openoffice. Download it from openoffice.org

For many, many people, Works is just fine for the price... Free, mostly. It gives non-geeks a decent word processor and spread sheet and several other useful things that would not make me happy. We have several hundred clients on Works Suite 2002 or 2001... not a complaint among them. If it wasn't acceptable, people would raise heck about it.

But in this Free, mostly, category, Open Source is a better choice. It just doesn't show up already installed on the machine like Works usually does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back