MikeRoweSoft

Status
Not open for further replies.

olefarte

Here's a good one. Seem's this 17 year old guy named Mike Rowe, started up a web site and named it, you guessed it, mikerowesoft.com. Now Microsoft is wanting him to give up the name or else.

They've offer him $10. Now he's PO'ed and wants $10,000, which I'm sure is a paultry amount to them, especially if they want the name so bad.

You can read more about it at CNN or go to his site, which is getting hit pretty hard, because of all the publicity, so it loads real slow. You know, I don't really think anyone would mistake that name for Microsoft.com.

Oh, forgot to add, he's from Canada, and Microsofts lawyers name is Smart & Biggar. Now that's one good name for a legal firm.

they settled for an xbox and an all expenses trip to redmond when microsoft host some trade show. i really hoped to see it in court. its all over the newspapers in here in vancouver. he lives in victoria which happens to be our provincial territory. i hate to see all of our guys get beat up by big huge american bullies. Canadian National and BC Railways are now owned by burlington santa fe. macmillan blodel is now part of Weyerhaeuser. sometimes i just think we should jus take a dive and annex with the US. its happening, jus slowly.

They must have threatened to rub him out or something..."Ever say a word about this kid...and you'll find yourself in a woodchipper..."

Well maybe this guy is going to cash in after all, at least get something out of all this. He's got the 25 page letter from Microsoft up for sale on e-bay here. When I posted this the bid was up to $1,025. I'm sure everyone here will want to put in a bid on this. HeHe.
This is your chance to own a piece of Internet history. This is the book shown on TV, Internet, magazines and talked about on the radio and seen by millions of people world-wide. I am selling the WIPO book with the 25-page letter I received from Microsoft's lawyers on January 14/2004. I have two copies of these and I will be keeping one for my own personal memoirs. This inch-thick book contains copies of web pages, registrations, trade marks, other WIPO cases, emails between me and Microsoft's lawyers and much more. There are 27 annexes filled with information. This package also comes with the 25-page complaint transmittal coversheet that was sent with the inch-thick book. In this letter you can find policies, rules, supplemental rules, model responses, copy of complaint and much more. Take advantage of this once in a lifetime opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back