Minidump files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razorsidewalk

Attached is the only minidump file i have atm. This post is connected with the following link https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic92050.html.

After reading some of the trouble shooting posts, i have done the following:
Updated my motherboard chipset drivers
Clean the inside of the PC from dust.
Clean the ram stick and all fans inside
Have done a defrag using Auslogics Disk Defrag

PC Specs:
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3600+
Motherboard:AM2NF3-VSTA - ASROCK
Ram Speed, size and #sticks: 1GB DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM (5.0-5-5-15 @ 333MHz) (4.0-4-4-12 @ 266MHz) (3.0-3-3-9 @ 200 MHz)
GPU: Wat is this and where do i find it?
PSU (do not leave this out): Wat is this and where do i find it?

The only hardware that i have recently installed is a new graphics card, i had a Radeon 9800Pro (128mb), i now have a Radeon Sapphire X1550 (512mb).

Need anymore info let me know.

Thnx

Razor

Your minidump crashes at vsdatant.sys. This is your Zonealarm firewall programme.

It is a known issue on some systems configurations. I suggest you uninstall zonealarm and try a different Firewall programme.

Kerio or Comodo free firewall programmes.

Regards Howard :)

Should i wait to see if i can get some more minidumps, incase it crashes from something else.

If it is zonealarm in the end, how can this be, as i have used zonealarm as my fire for years now and never had any probs b4?

Thnx

Razor

Maybe it`s a Zonealarm update that has caused the problem?

By all means, wait for some more minidumps if you wish.

There has been an update for zonealarm in the last few weeks, so it could be that.

I will wait to see if i get any more reboots, and attach the minidump files here for ur viewing to see if naything else shows up. If it is the zonealarm, then i will change the firewall to probably Comodo

Thnx for all the help m8, much appreciated, im sure i will be speaking with u again..lol

Razor

Another random reboot. Again this time while i was burning to DVD through Nero last night. But i have had the PC on for the last 3 days/nights and not 1 reboot.

I have attached a minidump file for ur viewing.

Thnx

Razor

Your minidump crashes at nvatabus.sys. This is you Nvidia IDE driver and is a known issue.

Do a Google search for nvatabus.sys and you`ll see what I mean.

I also suggest you test your ram as per this thread HERE, just in case.

I have run the memtest, but didnt realize how long each pass takes..lol..so i ran it until i had 2 passes, and have come up with NO errors.

I might run the test tonight to see if i get more passes or if any errors show.

But for now the ram looks ok. I did google the nvatabus.sys but couldnt find anything related to my problem.

Any other suggestions on wat to do next?

Razor

I have read that thread and uninstalled my nVIDIA IDE drivers. And since then i have left the PC on for 2 days and 2 nights now continuously and have also been burning DVDs over night and so far have had no random reboots with and errors what so ever.

So looking good for now.

Thnx for all the help m8, much appreciated.

Razor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back