Minimize Maximize?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vale46

Hi peeps,
Really stupid question probably but its doin my head in now ;)
I just installed the free version of Ares and can i hell as like make the program open in a maximized window !!
I have changed both the desktop and program start icons to open in maximized window but it still opens in a small one in the top left of the screen, about a quarter of the screens size.
Any ideas anyone:(

Thanks for reading,

V

hey there vale46.... since its freeware, maybe u can just redownload the program from another site?? some versions of freeware are corrupted.

Spyder_1386 :)

Thanks peeps, tried both suggestions but it still wont open in a full window. Once the program is running, after i have maximized it, it will open in full from the system tray or either of the short cut icons. It just wont start in full screen :(

?????

What next ! ? cheers

V

If I understand you correctly, you just need to resize the browser Window. In order for the resized Window to retain the setting, you cannot use the Maximize button. Once the Window is resized properly, it should reopen correctly the next time:

Hold mouse button down on left top corner of Window and drag to top left corner of screen. Pass cursor over lower right corner where you see the ///. When you see the double-ended arrow, hold mouse button down and drag corner to bottom of screen right above the clock.

DO NOT use the Maximize button- if you do, the screen will not open re-sized next time. Close on the X as usual and it should open Maximized the next time.

So I see people who ask questions don't bother coming back here! This is common on Help boards. Too bad- the irony is that a user 'will' sometimes come back if a question isn't replied to in 30 seconds, but doesn't let us know what worked to solve the problem at hand!

Hi all, and hello Bobbye.
Nice to see your quick to assume i cant be arsed to post back.
In actual fact i just got home today 08/10/07 as i work away as part of my job but thanks for your input. I tried your obvious theory and guess what ?? it didnt work, as this was the first thing i tried.
Jase 123, thanks for the link but but i still get the same result ?, i guess i will just have to maximise this particular program each time. Every other program is fine its just Ares.
I would just like to thank Spyder_1386 and Jase 123 for their help.
If anyone else has any ideas it would be most appreciated as i am here to respond for the next 6 days.
Thanks for your help Bobbye but furthur input from yourself wont be needed, thanks all the same.

Cheers
V

Six days is not quick to assume anything! We don't know each other, I don't know who or what 'peeps' is, nor do I know which of several different Ares program you have- and I tried to help. So don't take an attitude with me

Peeps is short for people Bob, and your the one with the assumptions and attitude the way i see it, and Jase, whats your problem? you failed to quote my WHOLE line..........i never said i couldnt be arsed i have simply been away for a few days..
Whats wrong with you lot....

vale46 i understand that now. :) I thought you were saying you couldn't be arsed post back. lol

Sorry about that mate.

Im trying to find a way round your problem now. :)

Regards Jase :)

No worries at all mate. :)

Just so i can find an answer for you, can you get ares maximized? And you want to get it maximized?

Hi Jase,

When i double click on my descktop short cut or single click on the program icon in the start menu, Ares only opens on a small window at the top left of my screen.

If i then maximize it and close, when i re-open it from anywhere it opens maximized.

Its just the initial first opening of the program that wont open maximized.

All the icons are set to open maximized but this program still has a mind of its own.

This even sounds complex now and its so simple to me aarrgghh hahaha

Hope you sort of get what i'm trying to explain.

Thanks again Jase

V

I get you now.

Right click the desktop shortcut, then click properties, and then on the shortcut tab, go down to Run: then in the drop down menu select maximized.

Hope this helps.

aaarrrggghhhh no you dont mate :) ha ha ha

Quote :- All the icons are set to open maximized....

This is mental hahaha

Maybe its me not putting it over right.

OK, new approach ;)

Av got this program (Ares) when i open it from any short cut is wont open in full screen view.

I have made sure and where nescessary that all icons run maximized.

I have stretched, pulled and spread this programs window to oblivion and yet when i open it for the first time it will only open in a small window covering about one quarter of the available screen size. (top left)

now without complicating things, once i have opened the program and manually maximized it, i can minimizie it to either the system tray or task bar and upon re-opening it, it can now remember i maximized it thus it re-opens in a full window.

BUT..... if i shut the program down fully and then re-open it again is reverts back to a small window and NOT a maximized one.

I have to manually maximize it again so it remembers for the duration of the session i want to use it for.

Jeeezzz

I thought this would be so easy to fix hahaha

Think i will just be content with manually maximizing the window.

Still cant help wondering why the PC cant sort something so basic ???

Thanks for all your effort though mate.

V

Sounds like a real pain! IF the Window is capable of holding a Maximized size, it "should" remain provided you don't use the Maximize button, just re-size manually, even when you shut down.

But it sounds like this program isn't meant to run Maximized but has the smaller attribute written in. So it will be your choice- re-size manually each time you use it, or let it be. Sorry.

Thanks guys for your help anyway.

Guess i will just have to manually maxinize it every time, never mind eh, its no biggy is it hehehe

Cheers again,

V :grinthumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back