minor log-in prob

tomrca

there is a slight problem with my log-in. eachtime i return it now asked for password even though i have selected 'remember me'. it remembers username only.

i am operating firefox browser.
i have been through the options and and selected all the remember boxes, but still it askes.
?????

hi again.
i have been through all the options concerning cookies and passwords, but still no joy in getting it to remember the login password, although it will remember username still only.
i have uninstalled firefox and all the files that i could find, then re-installed. still the same! techspot is the only website that it wil not remember as far as i can see.

thanx again for a response, but still no joy.
will only remember username!

cleared cache, cookies, passwords, but still techspot will not remember password and it wont in my browser. it will remember all other sites! strange eh?
same password too

tried the other options, but nothing cured.
is it possible that there could be a fault within the option of remember this log-in on techspot? as it is the only site it happens on

Never had any problems on my end. I would assume it is similar to the guy in prevoius thread who had problems with the banner. It ended up being on his end.

yep its odd. considering that i haven't change anything on firefox or IE. and i have been through all the possibilites and configurations of cookies that i can imagine, even closed my firewall to load up website.

Check your c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\HOSTS file (no extension, opens with Notepad).
You may have Techspot in there somewhere. If so, just delete that line and safe HOSTS.

HOSTS is OK.
Have you set FF to ENable Java/ENable JavaScript?
In FF, click Tools/Options/Web Features.

Have you tried changing your password?

tomrca said:
there is a slight problem with my log-in. eachtime i return it now asked for password even though i have selected 'remember me'. it remembers username only.

i am operating firefox browser.
i have been through the options and and selected all the remember boxes, but still it askes.
I've had the same feature / problem all the time with all versions of Firefox and Mozilla, it just hasn't annoyed me enough to post about it.

Mictlantecuhtli said:
I've had the same feature / problem all the time with all versions of Firefox and Mozilla, it just hasn't annoyed me enough to post about it.
strang thing but it also happens to IE too. cant remember exactley when it started. but all was fine with IE and FF until a week or two ago, when it it developed.
i thought that ann updated FF may have been the cause, but then its the same with IE, and that wasn't updated..
i know its not a big problem but i like it to work properly, instead of being a pain in the ****..

I have the same problem but only with Firefox that i use at home ... have to use IE in work and have no problem...first noticed it last night..checked all the same settings weird one..only had a problem with this site but

not been to techspot for a little while, opened favourites, selected techspot and guess what? it logged in all by itself... no problem!!!!!!

but leaves me confused as to what caused the log in failure
wierd

hi..
yes it used to log in automatically originally , but for some reason techspot began accepting and remembering the user name only and i had to insert password each time i logged in. now for some unknown reason it has repaired itself (or whatever) and now it accepts and remembers bothe and logged in automatically

Well, for some unknown reason it has never worked here or repaired itself, but I've gotten used to it. The password field goes blank right after I hit enter, regardless of whether the remember box is checked or not.

Mictlantecuhtli

yes thats exactley how it was here.

hope get cures itself you too sooner or later

Back