Misalignment Of Aperture Grille?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptitterington

Thanks everyone for the replies to my previous post.

I purchased the Iiyama vision master pro454 19" and generally am very impressed, I am not happy with the 2 vertical lines that are visavle at every setting.
The manual states that this is shadows of the damper wires and there is basically nothing that I can do about it.
Is this correct if so why does every write up not mention it as it is more annoying than dead pixels on Lcd screens.

:mad:

I'm afraid you'll have to live with those lines. I have one of those on my Philips 107P Brilliance. I hardly notice it anymore.
I'm not sure why write-ups don't mention it, aside from it just being generally accepted that thats the way it is.

Edit: Now that I look harder there are actually 2 on my screen too. lol, guess they aren't too noticable or I would have seen them both earlier.

Originally posted by ptitterington
Thanks everyone for the replies to my previous post.

Audio and Video > 19" CRT or 15" LCD
http://www.3dspotlight.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1603
Bump To The Top
For the sake of continuity, it would have been better to reply to your previous post. That way people can follow your problem & the story line. Anytime you reply to a post, it will be bumped to the top of the order, & further shows up in Today's Active Topics

I read up on both Shadow mask and Aperture grille monitors before deciding on which to buy. I use Dell monitors at work which have Trinitron tubes which have these dampening wires. I don't really notice them any more and the monitor does perform better in gaming than the 19" TFT Sony monitors that we have at my work. I can now work on the Dell CRTs without noticing the wires. If you can't get used to them change the monitor with Illyama for a Shadow mask model (probably cheaper). But the truely flat screen tubes are more often the Aperture grille type.

I seriously can't even see mine anymore because I sub consciously ignore them somehow.

Granted, they shouldn't be there, but if you want a flat screen, there's not much of an option... Aperture Grille or die.

You'll have to make do with those little lines until you can "phase them out" in your head.

Well if they are normal Ill just have to get used to them.
I just find it odd that I have used cheaper monitors and as soon as I go for the best crt that I can afford I get something unexpected and something I just have never seen mentioned in a write up.

Another wierd thing, I have been messing with the settings, trying to find something comefortable as the screen did appear too bright and a bit soft.
I settled for 1024x768 32bit true colour 120hertz and for about the first 2 hours I swear that I could not see the lines.

Strange what our brains do.

Also what is the correct distance from your eye to the screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back