Misc. news from around the web

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julio Franco

Staff member
Hewlett-Packard to Launch Linux-Based PCs Globally.

The megapixel camera phones are coming, probably just in time for the arrival of speedier cellular technologies that can transmit higher-quality digital photos and even video.

Novell has signed agreements with Hewlett-Packard and IBM to expand support for its SuSE Linux operating system on their PCs and servers.

MP3 surround sound system debuts, soon your MP3 files could be sounding even better.

Microsoft announced a new set of development standards and tools Wednesday intended to cover both PC games and titles for the company's Xbox console.

Originally posted by Julio
Hewlett-Packard to Launch Linux-Based PCs Globally.

Even though I'm mainly a M$ kind of guy and only dabbled in Linux I think this is a great thing.....not unlike AMD and Intel. All types of competition are good and getting Linux mainstream is important for it's future development as well.

Just my $.02

Didn't IBM report HERE that it was promoting RedHat E on its servers ? It would seem IBM is pretty confident in its victory against SCO in that lawsuit.

Originally posted by Didou
Didn't IBM report HERE that it was promoting RedHat E on its servers ? It would seem IBM is pretty confident in its victory against SCO in that lawsuit.

Yes they did....but as you stated, that was server-based. The HP decision stands the chance of getting the O/S out to the masses.

Well I was actually refering to the article about Novell.:)

But it's true HP is taking the lead offering Linux pre-installed on almost all of its PC offerings. I know Dell offers Linux RHE ( Red Hat Entreprise ) pre-installed on certain low-end machines if you pre-order at least 25 units.

They don't mind as much if it is for a server though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back