Missing Dialog after CTRL+ALT+DEL pressed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I have seen this now a a couple PC's - all XP w SP2. Giving the 3 finger salute brings up the Task manager which I noticed has a new menu item - Shut down, with the options there for shutting down. Has anyone come across this or a way to get back the original dialog?

Hey Pebkac,

In order to get it back to the original, I believe you have to turn off Fast User Switching. To do that go to the Control Panel -> User Accounts -> Change the way users log on or off.

Not too sure what you're asking for so I might be giving you the wrong info.

Bsaber

I am looking to have the 3 finger salute display the dialog with the Dialog with the 6 buttons "Lock Computer"; "Log Off"; "Shut Down";
"Change Password "; "Task Manager"; and "Cancel"

I will try your suggestion but I am not sure if it'll work. Dont see how they are related but this is Microsoft :haha:

Yeah, thats what I thought you were asking. If I remembered correctly that's how you get it. Let me know how it goes. Oh, and you might want to try it with the Welcome Screen unchecked also (in the same menu).

bsaber

I will have to wait till I get to one of those PC's.
It is not availible on my system as I am on a network, but the other ones are not! so maybe that is it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back