Missing Operating System!! Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I was trying to reformat my computer and when it was booting from a cd, i got a blue screen saying

"A Problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer...."

"Technical Information:
STOP: 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0xF748E0BF, 0xF78DA208, 0xF78D9F08)
pci.sys - Address F748E0BF base at F7487000, DateStamp 3b7d855c"

On top of that, when i restarted my computer. I got a message saying Missing Operating System.

I tried installing Window XP Home Edition but i keep getting pci.sys blue screen.

Please Someone Help Me.

Is it a legit copy of windows? If so, are you using a MSI or DFI motherboard and/or using an old install disk pre SP1?
pci.sys i believe points towards the pcie bus, try disabling it in the bios before installing or get a new install disk if you can with at least SP1 on it.
Hope it helps.

the copy is legit and i have no clue what kind the motherboard is. is there a way to disable a pci bus if i can't get into windows. I have no operating system for some reason and i can't do anything.

yes, like i mentioned, if you are installing from an old xp disk that doesn't have sp1 or sp2 on it, then it will not contain software for the pcie bus.
Before you try booting from and xp cd, go into the bios and disable the pcie bud.
If you don't know how to do this, i suggest trying to get hold of another sp disk with sp1 or preferably sp2 on it. You can still use YOUR cdkey so it shouldn't be a problem borrowing a disk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back