Mix Matching ram on A7N8X-Deluxe [HELP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trying to install new sticks of ram into my A7N8X-Deluxe mobo. I currently have 2x1 gigs of DDR400 OCZ ram, and i also have 1 stick of 512 Kingston DDR 400 value ram. I am trying to figure out in what order i should be placing these sticks. Like which sockets should my 2x1 gigs of OCZ and which socket should my 512 kingston sticks go to? It looks like DIMM 2 and 3 are blue color coded and DIMM 1 is black color coded, but DIMM 1 & 2 are close together while DIMM 3 is further away from both DIMM 1 & 2. I am very confused. I want to use my 2x1 gigs of OCZ DDR 400 ram in dual channel while my 512 Kingston DDR 400 dosen't interfere but is still being used in my PC as additional ram. Any help is much appreciated!

Pic of the Mobo:
a7n8xdeluxe_top_view.jpg

I tried calling technical support, but he didn't say much and left my even more confused because all he literally said whenever i asked him a question was, "yes, uh huh". I don't think he was even listening to me.

DON'T mix-match memory - particularly on that motherboard. In general, don't mix-match either.

Tedster said:
DON'T mix-match memory - particularly on that motherboard. In general, don't mix-match either.

I have done extensive memtests (memtest86) for up to lengths of 22 hours with no errors, it's pretty stable. I just need to know in what order i should put these sticks in for best performance.

and could you be so kind to show me exactly where on this picture of the motherboard where to place the 2x1 gig sticks and the 512 stick?

a7n8xdeluxe_top_view.jpg

Just draw on the DIMM sockets where i should place the 2x1 gigs and the 512 stick because i'm getting quite confused about the whole situation.

Note: you can use http://www.imageshack.us/ for free and reliable picture uploading

um the reason i asked on this forum was because all other options weren't working for me. I read the manual and it dosen't necessarily say anything about mix matching ram, it does explain how to activate dual channel with 2 sticks and it does explain how to use a 256 + 256: 512 method filling up all slots, but i'm wondering about 2x1 gig and a 512. I came here asking for assistance because i wasn't sure if that same method applied to the 2x1 gig and 512 theory. You really don't have to be so rude when all i did was ask a question i wasn't sure about. I'm just trying to learn. Why did you even reply if all you wanted to do was be rude and unhelpful?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back