Mobile AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.

F1N3ST

Just picked up one of these bad boys for 20$.
The seller sent me this CPU-z Screenshot
http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=169751
It is actually 2Ghz not 800Mhz it is a BIOS conflict.

So first off I need a Cheap good OCing Mobo, any suggestions
Is water worth it because I have good airflow.
I am coupling this with 512Mb of DDR (Which I payed 30$ for)
And my old Xion Xon-103 case with 2x120MM fans and a 80MM fan

And lastly what kind of OC can I expect?

Prob not that much. Athlon 64 Mobile's don't have the overclocking reputation of Barton core Athlon XP-Ms. Plus Clawhammers aren't the best A64s for OC-ing. You might hit ~2.4GHz? maybe 2.5..

I saw this OC record page, and the lowest and A64-m clawhammer hit 3Ghz but I dont really expect that much. .5Ghz isnt a bad overclock even if that is the highest.

Lol. Well it WOULD probably go farther than a normal ClawHammer... but newer cores go a good bit farther than Hammers...

Case in point: My 3200+ Venice is one of the worst Venice cores for overclocking ever. I need 1.5125V just to get to 2400MHz, and it won't go 20MHz past that even at 1.55V. But I still got 20% out of it. And it's one of the WORST (if not the worst :() overclocking Venice cores.

Maybe it's defective :dead:

And then of course... good old agi_shi :stickout: His X2 3800+ isn't a Venice, but he got it to ~2.8GHz @ 1.475V.

Well, MetalX maybe you just got the one worst 3200+ venice to ever overclock :dead:

My 800MHz overclock is pretty mild, Windsor X2 3800+s (mine) have gone up to 3.3GHz, and Manchesters (I believe it was manchesters, I forget :p ) have went to 3.5GHz.

@F1N3ST: About the mobo, I'm not too sure. I don't think you should go water cooling though, unless you wanna attempt to break some records or something :) .

Edited by Moderator: Removed quote. There`s no need to quote the post directly above your own. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back