Mobility Radeon 9600 drivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thalantyr

Heya,

Firstly, I'm sorry if this question has already been answered in previous posts but I have searched through.

I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice as to which drivers I should use for my laptop. The graphics card is a Mobility Radeon 9600 64Mb and my current drivers are 6.14.10.6375 24/07/03.
I've not a clue about drivers but I have heard of catalyst and omega but wouldn't know whether they'd be compatible or where to find them

Any help or links to relevant sites would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much

p.s I also have a 'Realktek AC'97 Audio for VIA (R) audio controller' with drivers 5.10.0.5210 14/05/2003. Any help on these updated drivers would also be extremely appreciated.

Thanks in advance

those current drivers are old. download and install the latest version of catalyst from the ati website and you should be all set.

Heya,

Thanks for the replies so far. I'm not sure I'm able to use the catalyst drivers though as they don't seem to be supported on the mobility radeon 9600?

well, if they don't work (they should), you'll be able to boot into safe mode and undo your changes. like i said, the catalyst siute supports all ati video cards. awhile back i installed catalyst on a system using an old 8500 card and it worked fine.

zephead said:
well, if they don't work (they should), you'll be able to boot into safe mode and undo your changes. like i said, the catalyst siute supports all ati video cards. awhile back i installed catalyst on a system using an old 8500 card and it worked fine.
Wow, how do you know "the should"? :rolleyes:
The ATI web site says they do not and also says to get the latest drivers for that video card, as it is the mobile version to check w/ the company that sold you the laptop it was in. :dead: Who of course says it is best to use the original ATI drivers from ATI.
Well it looks like ATI has already dropped all support for any mobile chipchip-sets except the new X?00 series. :blackeye: Which puts ATI at the top of my list for companies willing to rape a customer for a couple bucks in thier hand. puke:
Its too bad too as the 9600 and 9700 series mobile chichip-setsere still good deals for entry level laptop gaming machines. But if ATI thinks they are dead tech who are we to argue. I am not saying ATI is alone in doing this prapractice not supporting old tech. I also have an old Toshiba w/ a Nvidia mobile 460 graphics chip in it and Nvidia wants nothing to do w/ supporting that chip either. :hotbounce: boy these companies make me mad!!!
Any way I igignoredhe info on the site and tried to install the new ATI mobile drivers and during install it fires back that I do not have the proper hardware to install the driver and ccancelsout so I guess those of us that drop down cash on the mobile side of graphics should not expect the support the desktop people get they pay for ATI or Nvidia product. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back