Mobo I want to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
That board will support Core 2 duo chips and the new Quad core chips by intel.... im going to be using the Core 2 Duo Extreme X6800....

This might be a good mobo, im not really sure but if money isnt an object Mirob recommended the Asus Striker Extreme mobo as the weapon of choice for gamers and overclockers etc.... even if this is not your thing the board has more extra's than the original land of the dead :)

Hay thanks for the reply.
Are the Core 2 duo chips and the new Quad core chips by intel good and are they fast?
Will it support the: Intel Celeron 2.53Ghz LGA 775 CPU?
Money is an object as i only have a part time job and go to school but i can save!
Who or what is Mirob?
Thanks
Allan

i reccomend asus or gigabyte over asrock. the core2 duo chips are amazingly powerful yet much more efficient than previous processors. before you decide what to get, i reccomend first thinking about what you intend to use the computer for. is all you want is media playback, schoolwork, and web browsing, you need not spend the extra cash on the latest and greatest products. but for gaming or other demanding applications, a better and more expensive machine is required. about how much money are you willing to spend (US dollars or euros please)?

I will want to play The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion on it. And maybe Grand Theft Auto. I live in New Zealand. The rig i want to build I want it to be good as I will probably keep it for a long time. Um on a Mobo I'm probably willing to spend about NZD$150 or 77 EURO's or 103 USD. (That is what Currency convertors do for ya- give you random amounts.) I will also want to surf the net and do school work on but also edit some home movies eventually so I want it to be of a high speed to cope with these things.
Thanks
Allan

Oh I forgot. What size power supply does that Motherboard that I mentioned earlier need? Currently I have a 400W PSU.

EDIT: Are screw positions in Motherboards standard?
If the case is big enough will the screws fit in the holes provided in the case?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back