Mobo is not reconising my full hard drive capacity...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
right i recently built a new pc. and the problem is my motherboard does not reconise the full capacity of my hard drive. hard drive is 250gb sata and its only reconising 127gb....wheres the rest of it? however the bios reconises 250gb which is ok but when i click on to windows explorer and view the details of my hard drive it jus reconises 127gb and now it says i only got 20gb free space left but really i should have more.

ive tried EnableBigLba and value data as 1 and still no luck. im running win xp pro sp2.

spec : asus p5wd premium mobo
p4 3.2 ghz 800fsb
1gb ram
250gb hard drive (supose to have 250gb but mobo reconising 127gb)?
gefore graphics card t6200 with turbo 256cache or sumink. lolz.

well i recently built the pc so i thought i wouldnt need to update the bios. i'll try updating it and will get back to you.

ive updated the bios however still no luck. i may have updated something, can anyone give me a link to what to download. thanks

Did you install XP without a service pack first and then upgrade to SP2? I had a problem with one of my comps after switching to a new but identical drive. I think I posted about it, I can't remember what the fix was exactly. Search with my name in the by user box and it might help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back