Mobo light is on but...no power

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am currently in process of building my first computer. i have all the components
except for the hard drive and dvd burner. i put in the memory, cpu, graphics card, and connected the power supply to the appropriate places. i then plugged in the power supply to a power strip and switched it on. thats when the motherboard's lights light up (two out of 4 that is). now i didn't connect the wires for the tower to the mobo yet for power and lights and such, but instead pressed the little button on the mobo that says power. did not do anything. then i decided to plug in the power sw from the tower into the proper place in the mobo (i checked in the manual). i pressed the power button on the tower...still nothing turning on. only the little lights on the mobo. the only thing that i could think of is that you need the hard drive for the entire comp to start...but otherwise i have no clue what to do. im hoping that this isn't a sign of something being doa. so if anyone knows the solution to me problem i would greatly appreciate you helping me out, thanks.

foxconn c51xem2aa
2x gskill 1gb pc2-6400
amd athlon x2 4600+
sapphire ati radeon x1950pro
rosewill rp550v2-d-sl (550w)

Try removing and re-fitting the PSU connections again and also remove and re-fit the memory and CPU. If that does not work, then your mobo is most likely dead. :(

Make sure that the mobo is not shorting out on anything underneath - there should be no metal support stubs that don't have a screw going into them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back