Mobo lost printer

Status
Not open for further replies.

tepabajo

System stopped seeing printer. How can WindowsXP say that the LPT1 port is working properly but then have no parallel device in Device Manager? Shouldn't I see a Parallel Device in Device Manager if my printer is connected to it? I have gone through the process of manually installing the parallel port and printer but when I print a test page I get nothing out of the printer. I have already tested the printer by connecting it to my laptop and it works fine, so I know it's not the printer.
Asus K8N-E Deluxe mobo

Uninstall all printers you may have. Uninstall the printer software. Uninstall the parallel port in Device Manager. Reboot and enter BIOS setup. Make sure the parallel port is in either bidirectional or EPP mode (EPP is faster). Boot into Windows and let it redetect the parallel port. Reinstall the printer software.

Thanks for the feedback. I fixed it before I received your message. I pretty much did the same thing as you suggested. The problem was somehow the bios disabled the parallel printer port. After I enabled it again I did exactly what you just suggested and it's working fine now.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back