MOBO or CPU corrupting harddrive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi everyone my first post here :)

ok my prob is after loadin windows and system workin after a few shut downs an power ons the hdd gets corrupted an wont boot windows will either get a blue screen or the system will just keep restartin as soon as the windows logo starts to load.

*cannot get into safe mode
*cannot use recovery console ( system bluescreens)

also the first few blue screens i got was with the NTFS.sys
but i now notice the last time i tried it i just got the black screen with a file is corrupted an to repair it.
i recreated the error about 10 times or so tryin to trouble shoot an brought it down to 3 possible faulty parts. the mobo (biostar NF4U AM2G), the CPU (athlon 64 4000+ dual core) or ram (TITAN 1gig ddr2 800). however ram did pass memtest ran for about 6hrs
reason why i feel is either of these parts is cause i swaped all that i could swap (harddrives, video cards, psus, ) i do not have accesss to replacement AM2 board and cpu nor any ddr2 .
so can anyone help me from here as in maybe a software that could test the cpu an mobo... oh an i ran Hot CPU Tester Pro 4.2.3 for 6 hrs an no problems detected.
but if i use the system with just restarts an no shutdowns it seems to work good an prob happens when i shutdown and leave for a while ( sometimes i just boot back an get error also)

so i am kinda stuck right now in solvin the prob. this is a new system an cant really afford to buy replacement parts . unless i know for sure which one is faultin. thanks if anyone can advise me anything that i can also try. much thanks in advanced

also i forgot to mention the mobo battery did came dead and i replaced it.
also i am not in the US an cannot just send back each part where i am the stores will check it an if it boots up an thing they will say that the part is good an say they cannot replace it.
ALSO i had tried both SATA and PATA harddrives.
ALSO Updated the bios to the latest version from biostar site.

Reset your m.jumper or reformat reprogram your pc!
check your board if its grounded.. thanks
regards-rtekz

Reset your m.jumper <-- do you mean the clear cmos jumper?
i reformatted about 10 times already an same thing happens i even reformatted without installin any additional software or drivers.
an thanks i will have to check for groundin prob althou i am pretty sure i places all the silver risers in correct positions .. thanks for fast reply and advice thou will make sure and see.

hmm still no dice ... i built the system on a table top with just the essentials still same prob also used diff optical drive an a different windows XP cd
an tried a regular pci video card. well thanks anyways i will keep playin with it till i find a way to be sure an able to recreate the prob to let the store see it is faulty ... also i am still open to if anyone has options or sofeware that i can try. thanks again ~cheers~

I would try to borrow some DDR2 from someone and give that a try. You need to eliminate the RAM...get that out of the way. When you do have it running next time...go to 'my computer' and run both 'error checks'. They are pretty thorough and may help. (doesn't cost anything). You can go to 'command prompt' and enter 'sfcscannow' or 'sfc/scannow' "sfc scannow'...one of those. your system should self test running this command. I take it you are just running one ram module? If this is a new system...can't you return it?

thanks will try that command prompt runs .... well at present i dont know anyone who i can borrow a stick of ddr2 ram from. oh an yes i am only runnin one stick. i did run memtest+86 for about 6 hours or so .. well was about 11 passes i think till i stopped. i wish i had it easy as returnin it as you guys up there. in my country (caribbean) the stores check it before replacein it so once they see it commin on an thing they will say its good oh an i bought it in parts not a complete system,
but thanks again for info i appreciate all advices thanks. will report back 2mrw when i get to reload back an

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back