Mobo or power problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
my computer wont start up. after pushing my power button about 50 times, it randomly turns on. the DRAM power LED is not on but the other things are fine on the mobo. when it does randomly turn on, it works flawlessly. i tried to push the Power switch on the mobo itself, still nothing. what is the cause of my DRAM Power LED not being on? is it a faulty MOBO or is it power supply related?

DFI Lanparty UT nF4 Ultra-D
corsair xms dual channel, twinx1024-3200c2pt
antec smartpower 2.0 SP-500 atx12v 500w PSU

GameJunkie72792 said:
what mobo is it?

DFI Lanparty UT nF4 Ultra-D
corsair xms dual channel, twinx1024-3200c2pt
antec smartpower 2.0 SP-500 atx12v 500w PSU

I have been reading the manuel, there doesnt seem to be anything about my problem.

Maybe it's the power button not being properly connected to the motherboard. I'd check that first if I were you.

Rage_3K_Moiz said:
Maybe it's the power button not being properly connected to the motherboard. I'd check that first if I were you.

but even when i push the power button on the mobo itself, it wont turn on.

No, the power button usually has a lead going to the mobo where it fits onto two pins, kinda like a jumper. It usually says power button or something similar.

Dram Power Led

Have you found a solution to this.
I have a LANPARTY NF4 SLI - DR with the same problem.
When I turn the power supply off and on it will eventually
blink the DRAM POWER LED until it stays on then the computer
will start up with the power button.
I did upgrade the bio's a week or so earlier this may be the problem.
This progressed to this from 15 sec after pushing the power button to get power start up to 5 minutes from pushing it. Finally it would not start up at all. Then I tried the power supply on off trick and noticed the DRAM POWER LED blinking with the on off procedure and eventually staying on.
When on start up works.

It must be one of the power plug cords since the stand by power LED is always on. Also my keyboard acts quirky and sometimes shows no power or connection until I unplug and replug it in. Is a good power supply worth the money? The last 2 cheapies went out. 1st one because of Lightening which fried my 1st motherboard with it. Now this one. Power supply cheapies can cost 20 to 30 vs on up to the 60's range. Are the 60 dollar ones much better?

Yes the more expensive PSU are usually worth the extra cost. Your Antec is a good brand. I have three Antec's and none of them have ever given me any problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back