Mobo problem I think

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I got a motherboard problem.

I got a AMD Athlon 2400+ with a A7N8X mobo. With a PCI RAID Addon Card, with 2 SATA 120gb HD on raid 0.

Well one day it says it can't find my OS. So I am like ok. So I pop in Windows CD, Load RAID drivers and it can't find it.

So I install windows on my IDE HD. Try to install all drivers, none seem to work. Video card doesnt work, Raid Card doesn't. It only detects 256mb or RAM when i got 2 sticks of 512 in there. I think I have done everything Possible including shutting off power and removing Mobo Battery.

Anyone else think it can be any other problem besides Mobo?

How would the CPU not allow drivers to install. Windows is installed, the computer wont recognize any of the hard ware.

What happens after windows install completes ? Are you into windows desktop ?

You must manually install all proper drivers for your devices,,

mobo drivers,, video drivers, etc,

Ok well, I manually tried to install it. It finds the card's but all the drivers don't work. It says there is a graphics card. I got a Geforce FX 5600 XT and i install the nvidia drivers i downloaded from thier website, but also tried to install older drivers. But they dont work. The raid card drivers don't work either. I get into the windows desktop. I truly think that it's the motherboard. But I was wondering if any of you can confirm this, or have another solution.

I took the SATA hard drives out and put it into another computer and the hard drives work. So to me it's either the Motherboard or the Raid Card and Video card died at the same time. Also remember, i got 2x512 sticks of ram in there that the mobo is only reading 256 of. I would think if the RAM was bad, it would read 512 or 0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back