Mobo Temps DANGEROUS

Status
Not open for further replies.

greatman05

Hello. I have a serious problem. My mobo temps stay at around 60-61 degrees Celsius. Is there any way to reduce these temps? I have tried installing a case fan, but the temps only got hotter. At heavy load, the temps stay around 65-66 degrees Celsius. Is this a problem with the PSU? I have added many new components. (more later)

Are those your motherboard chipset temps? Are you sure it isn't your GPU temps?

What is your CPU temp at?

that is a very hot for a motherboard's northbridge, but within a tolerable range for a processor. it could be caused by a bogus sensor reading, too.

It can't be my GPU, since I don't have an external graphics card. Everest only shows 2 temps: CPU and Motherboard. At idle, the CPU stays at around 40-45 degrees celsius. The mobo, on the other hand, stays at 60-61 degrees celsius. At heavy load, the CPU gets as hot as 60 degrees celsius, and the mobo can reach up to 66 degrees celsius. Originally, the mobo was at 58-60 degrees, and the CPU at 50 degrees

I'd start by getting a second opinion. Go into your bios and see what temps are being reported in there. Is this a sudden thing? Was there a time when your temps were good?

*I HAVE A BUDGET COMP!!!* My temps were never good. If i hadn't put in the case fan, the Cpu Temps would be at 50-53 degrees celsius, and the mobo at a steady 60 degrees celsius. In the bios, it says the same temp readings. What I am asking is, is there a problem with my airflow? Is there a way to get the mobo cool sans cooling down the room with central air?

as long as the motherboard is operating as it was designed to, there should be no problem. try running your machine with the side panel off and see if that makes a notable impact on your temps.

I did that. No change. What I'm saying is, the system runs fine. But, I just don't like the feeling that maybe what I am doing may push the comp at BSOD point. That's why I want to reduce the temps. Not only am I planning to upgrade with a grpahics card and 512MB of ram, it's for that "what if" factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back