Modem installed when its off the computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeepMartin

Smart Link 56K modem

i had it installed working and then i decided to update it

and now Device manager says i have 2 modems

when i uninstall it and take it out of the case, it still says one is plugged in

any idea of what to do?

going to the registry? reinstalling windows (i just did on that computer yesterday surprisingly)?

hey hey.... just a question.... when the modem is actually plugged in, does it work lol?? i mean, can u still connect using it?

Spyder_1386 :)

if you want, you can delete it (or both, then reinstall) through device management. I see no harm in doing so.

Spyder_1386 said:
hey hey.... just a question.... when the modem is actually plugged in, does it work lol?? i mean, can u still connect using it?

Spyder_1386 :)

yeah but the dialer on the speakers goes double the volume, sounds like the speakers are gonna break lol

N3051M said:
if you want, you can delete it (or both, then reinstall) through device management. I see no harm in doing so.

thats the problem i keep on deleting it, unintalling it, taking it out and theres one copy that still tries to install as if its plugged in and ready to work

mailpup said:
How did you update it?

i found the driver online and it was a setup file (i unstalled it afterwars thou)

could this be the reason? i just feel very stupid with this whole modem situation

the only good side its that its an old computer that i prob wont use

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back