MOHPA constant crash problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having problems playing medal of honor pacific assault. Recently I have purchased a opteron 165 processor for my pc. Since then I have been unable to play this game. During game play at random times/intervals the game will completly lock up, you will hear jittered sound, and I cannot get into windows, I am forced to reboot. I have tried downloading the windows patch for dual cores, I have tried using the win launcher xp, I have tried swapping from either core 0 to core 1 through affinity in task manager. I have tried changing from whql 93.71 drivers to the beta 93.81 drivers. I have tried running the game in its safe mode as well. Nothing has made a difference.

Here is my system:

AMD Opteron 165
DFI LP UT NF4 SLI-DR Expert
Team Extream DDR500 2x1GB
SLI 2x EVGA e-Geforce 7800GT 256MB
Windows xp pro sp2 (32bit)
OCZ Gameextreem 700W PSU
Seagate Barracuda 350GB SATA 3.0GB/s

Yes, I am an overclocker, however I have tried using bios defaults, no difference. My bios is the most current. My windows system/audio drivers are the most current, from Nvidias website, V6.86.

how about if u first try full factory reset using jumper settings.all find out whether your processor supports gaming.then lastly reinstall the game itself.Robin

Already tried using the jumper, opeteron 165 supports gaming, i know alot of people who use this cpu and play games. There is a problem with older games and dual core though. Yet like I mentioned I tried all the optimizations/patches for that problem. I will reinstal the game if I need to, but I dont know why I would need to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back