Money making Ideas

Finchy

hello, im a fourteen year old teenager with ambitions, i need ways that I can make money, please help me out, any suggestions are welcome.

A part time job, perhaps at the weekends or during the hollidays, or after school.

Delivering news papers, washing peoples cars, mowing lawns etc.

I suppose it all depends on what tickles your fancy lol

Regards Howard :grinthumb

Ha I'm 15 and I work for several people mowing lawns do a little computer work on some older peoples computer fun!! You also can get a gob pushing carts or somthing like that at a store too.

About a month after I turned 16 i got a saturday job in a local computer shop. Much better than other jobs, i get to build and repair pcs and get paid so much more than i would for a paperound.

Only catch is for a job like mine you have to have turned 16 (in England at least)

isatippy said:
Ha I'm 15 and I work for several people mowing lawns do a little computer work on some older peoples computer
Thats where its at, ask your parents to tell their friends if they have comp problems to give you a call. I have a regular job now doing non computer related stuff, but I work on some of my parents friends computers when they have problems and make some extra spending cash.

Money=niiiiccceee

Aside from computer related stuff, i have a scheme that would make lots of money. Kids in my highs school are always hungry...i mean always. So i buy candy bars a 50 cents at the store, go to school sell them back for a dollar a pop, 50 cents profit a piece that took you just a few minutes at the store.

Sean

lol spade. that what my bro used to do. Buy a cube of 24 coke cans for like $6 and then sell each can for a $1. But then they banned it because the canteen wasnt making any money or some crap. Now the stupid canteen raised prices by like at least 30% on everything. **************.

Its a good idea to ask your parents if their friends want work. I got paid $10 per hour to move woodchips wiht a wheelbarrow. that included drinks and snacks. Im also now working for my bro digging dirt jumps for his bike for $5 per hour, heck its bloody hard work. But in the end its worth it. im only 13 but i have like $5000 saved up, (including the $1000 my mum owes me :D ). Plus my gran gives me $20 per month, and an extra $20 for every $100 i put into the bank which she looks after. I get $10 per week from mum, and $5 per week from Dad when im at his house. So all up its a hell of a lot coming in.

Yea our school doesnt allow it, but as long as you say that you will give some of the profit to your graduating class fund, there fine with it. (but somehow you forget to turn the money to the class??!? how caould that be? :eek: )

Yea Pheniox you have alot of money coming in, well at least compared to me.

Sean

lol i just earnt $15 more today, then another $15 the next day, its like so easy. So far i've dug a hole thats about 3m X 2m and about a foot deep. And the bonus is i get to ride them as well. So its all good for me.

I think i should tell you thats its probably not worth delivering papers etc. Try getting work by mowing lawns, or as someone already said, basic computer maintanence. Because if they are compltely computer incompetent, all you need to do is run a defrag,disk clean-up,scan disk,disk clean-up, and then another defrag. I find that this way gives the best performance, And what charge like $20 for doing practically nothing. :slurp: theres some easy money in that.

Ph30nIX.

In Texas they used to hire people to stand on the side of the road and hold signs. Doesn't exactly require a whole lot of energy if thats what your into :p

Ph30nIX said:
lol i just earnt $15 more today, then another $15 the next day, its like so easy. So far i've dug a hole thats about 3m X 2m and about a foot deep. And the bonus is i get to ride them as well. So its all good for me.

I think i should tell you thats its probably not worth delivering papers etc. Try getting work by mowing lawns, or as someone already said, basic computer maintanence. Because if they are compltely computer incompetent, all you need to do is run a defrag,disk clean-up,scan disk,disk clean-up, and then another defrag. I find that this way gives the best performance, And what charge like $20 for doing practically nothing. :slurp: theres some easy money in that.

Ph30nIX.

man you have it lucky

i dont have a reliable source of income yet, but i just got $400 for making my dad his website :D . Anyway, i have to work hard for that money each week, theres like a massive load of washing each day, and i gotta clean my room and the bathroom at least once a week, then thers stuff like raking up the leaves and turning the compost UGH. Still life is good and i can get a job soon enough, luckily there are a number of local computer stores so i can get a job somewhere thats decent. I reckon working at the net cafe would be awsome, when we have been there before they were just playing in the servers with us.

Ph30nIX.

Ph30nIX said:
i dont have a reliable source of income yet, but i just got $400 for making my dad his website :D . Anyway, i have to work hard for that money each week, theres like a massive load of washing each day, and i gotta clean my room and the bathroom at least once a week, then thers stuff like raking up the leaves and turning the compost UGH. Still life is good and i can get a job soon enough, luckily there are a number of local computer stores so i can get a job somewhere thats decent. I reckon working at the net cafe would be awsome, when we have been there before they were just playing in the servers with us.

Ph30nIX.

sounds like me but you get payed more. thats life :(

I made quite a bit of money off my neighbor over the summer spreading mulch, biulding a car port, a roof over here front deck, painting her house, building a rail along her sidewalk, cleaning out her basement, mowing the lawn, fixing her sand mound(for sewage) I made over 450 dollars that summer. I spent all that money already. Half the stuff I bought I don't use anymore either. I want to make a at home business fixing computers but because of government laws If I get caught with a business that I didn't register for and pay taxes for I can be fined. I could do it by word of mouth but then I might not get alot of business. I know I would make alot of money and get a lot of customers if i could put up posters and advertised because I hear alot of people at my school say that they need a new computer because their's is broke, I would also build custom computers for people. MONEY

Sounds Like your little onlder than 15.. Remember most of us in this post are 13-15 so its harder to get jobs. I've done a little digging and got money, but its hell boring.

Ph30nIX said:

Ph30nIX.

You've got a really good attitude. :)

Im trying to get more work with ppl. Today i earnt $10 shovelling woodchips. It pays off to ask.

Ph30nIX.

Unfortunatly for this thread, im from England and i understand a lot of the people on this forum are from America, which works differently. Im pretty sure you cant get an official job here untill your 16+ (excluding paper delivery, which I do), also, im not brilliant at fixing computers, that is to say, I never have, also i dont think many people would want a 14 year old entrusted with their computer (although through this forum Im learning a lot more about how computers work, and when im 15/16 that may become a possibility, thanks anyway). I tried the Coke selling idea, it didnt go down to well, no one here buys it if they know they can get it cheaper somewhere else, and the presance of a garage across the street makes it slightly redundant anyway, the society here is, if you dont know them, dont trust them, which rules out all but 25 of the 1300 students at my school, and they all know i just want to make a profit at their expense.

the same aplys to the candy, and my parents dont really give me alot of freedom :dead: , my dad was uneasy about letting me join the chocolate tasting CLub! (i do recomend joining, the chocs are fantastic), i am going to put up adverts in the holidays, for random bout-the-house jobs, and continue for Sundays, the only day I dont do anything. ALso im toying with the idea of making stuff to sell, and suggestions welcome (this is a general discussion folder after all) :wave: All suggestions are welcome and I am thankfull for all your suggestions.

I cant believe i said suggestion three times in a sentences, apologies for any bafflement caused.

No actually, i thought it would be better to spread the big posts information over two posts, people might not bother reading if a post is half a page long. I only did the third one because i reread the post and noticed that fact, and im a fairly meticulous person, and I couldnt be bothered altering it.

Back