Moniter - Working yet not working - URGENT

Status
Not open for further replies.

alain

Hey there.
I got this new computer, a heck of a computer you might say.
It's incredible.
But anyways, yesterday I decided to play around with the resolution , to see if any other resolution looked good on the screen.
( The original resolution was something around : 1024 x 768..It was probably more/less...but you get the idea. )
Well, there was an icon at the bottom right of the screen...beside the Norton icon and Msn icon.
It said "ATI" in red writing. I clicked on it to see what it was ( it had been there since I bought the computer ) and a little menu popped up above it , with a list of resolution in pixels for the moniter. The resolution I was on had a little black check beside it. Anyhow , I click on the 1290 x 1068 to see how it looked. And BAM. The screen went black. I was forced to shut off the computer and restart it. I was seeing everything up until the welcome screen where you write write the password for the account you are willing to use. I chose my account , typed in the password and hit enter.
Everything went black again.
Basically, I can never get to my desktop without the moniter blacking out.
I have a feeling the resolution change might have been a factor..and again being a good computer, this computer has a neat feature : When you hit the power button on the tower , the computer doesn't just shut off...it shuts down properly saving all your settings etc...so when i hit it I see the black screen for a few seconds then I get the blue screen that says " Windows is saving your settings....Shutting down...It is safe now to turn off your computer"
Basically I can see anything except for the desktop..please help, this is urgent. Thanks ! :rolleyes:

Try booting into safe mode, and reducing the resolution from there.

P.S please don`t post the same question more than once. Thanks.

Regards Howard :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back