Monitor and RAM issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wanting to see what brand of RAM was in my computer. I turned the computer off, popped out the RAM, looked at it and plugged it back in. Now nothing is going to the monitor. It beeps a few times when it first starts up. The computer worked just fine prior to this. I figure its either the RAM or video card (although I'm unsure how my video card would have just died so suddenly). I was just curious as to if you had any suggestions.

Did you turn the PSU off by the back switch or unplug it? If not you may have killed your RAM or Motherboard. The PSU, even though switched off at the front, is still providing standby power to the Motherbard. You might also try reseating the RAM in it's socket. The beep code can help troubleshoot your problem.

Beep Error Codes

Whenever you open your computer, and touch anything in it, it is best that you unplug your power supply, and touch the metal case before doing it.

I would take out your memory again and reinsert it, I am thinking you may not have inserted it properly, make sure the lock tabs are fully locked in. You could try using a pencil eraser, and clean the contacts, on the memory sticks, be sure to clean off all the eraser dust, and touch the case first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back