Monitor comes on then off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hello, I helped build a friend of mine a computer about a year ago, and he has 2 now, He pulls the plugs out and in from the ports to use them both. After a week, he puts his computer in and the computer starts, the motherboard light lights up, but the monitor will come on once we turn it on, then off by itself. Any ideas what could be the problem...its not the monitor.

the dvd drives wont open as well.

i tried a new powersupply and it still wouldnt boot, so i tried a new video card and no luck, tried booting without ram, still same thing, i think its the motherboard because i felt the northbridge and it was verrry hot after it was on for like 5 seconds...dvd drives wont open but yet the motherboard light on the board is on.....

one day he pulled the wires out from back and puts them into the other comp, a week later he put the wires back into the computer that is broke now....

have you ever seen the back of the computer before? you know that wires plug into ports right, or is that way over your head?

0009 said:

have you ever seen the back of the computer before? you know that wires plug into ports right, or is that way over your head?

There`s no need to be rude.

Nork was only asking you to be specific, that`s all.

Because we can`t actually see the computer concerned, we have to rely on what you tell us.

one day he pulled the wires out from back and puts them into the other comp, a week later he put the wires back into the computer that is broke now....

While it is now obvious what you were referring to, it wasn`t so apparent at the time.

Regards Howard :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back