• Display Problem

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Display Problem

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nandugoski

I have a Dell 2400 Dim Desktop.. For some reason I reinstalled Windows XP and it was working fine except the Monitor was setup for resolution 480 x 600 pixles, I was trying the change and Monitor resolution setup then I restarted my machine.

now when i switch ON the machine it shows me only BIOS screen and then it goes blank. In the background mode it does everything like I turned ON the speckers I can hear the XP is getting loaded, I can hear the audio music but i can't see anything on the screen... It is just blank...

Is there any solution to get back screen....

Please Please help me asap... if anybody knows...

Thanks
Goski

Reboot in safe mode then change your resolution back to default. Get your windows updated....Think its a intel graghics card on 2400, by default it most probably a driver issue.

I tried rebooting the machine with safe mode. When I do this it shows me list of all file and gets hang....

I even tried to reinstall the Windows XP it does the same after bios setup it displays blank...

Originally posted by nandugoski
I tried rebooting the machine with safe mode. When I do this it shows me list of all file and gets hang....

I even tried to reinstall the Windows XP it does the same after bios setup it displays blank...
How is it possible that you tried booting to safe mode if the screen goes blank after POST or as you called it "bios setup". But in any case if you can get it to safe mode or at least to where you can select to start it in safe mode, chose VGA mode instead, then reinstall your video card drivers.

unfortunately I have only one CPU at home. but I will try to see at my firends place but that will be overweeknd ... if anybody has any clues please let me know I am badly stuck with...

I reinstalled the OS and now its working ok, but the resolution is 640 by 480 pixels, I want to upgrade the display properties, I went to dell download and downloaded E773c drivers then it tells me to go Control Panel - Display - Settings - Advanced - Monitor and clink on Properties...

but my properties is Disabled i can't click on properties
how do I make enabled .....!!!

My Monitor types shows me as Default Monitor....

please let me know how do I enable the properties TAB...

XP Home or Professional? Is the account you are looging on with the only account present on the machine?

Same but fixed...

I had the exact same problem.
i have a dimension 2400 dell, & E773c monitor..

i just uninstalled the driver from windows, rebooted and windows recognized the plug and play device

after that just connect to the internet and let windows locate the right file (its a *.dll) for the monitor.

The dell site sucks a** cause they dont even have the right recognizable driver for the 2400 series

try it out dude
later

- Watch your language on these forums
Didou

tiatiatia said:
HOW do i uninstall the driver and how do i download a thing that supports directx 9.0c
Welcome to Techspot!
you would get a lot more help if you fill in the specs for your machine in your profile.
Also try to be more specific and give some detail.
What driver do you want to uninstall?
What operating system are you using?
What thing do you want to support with Direct X9?

This may be it!

This happened to me awhile ago. I accidently pressed the key combo to switch my default monitor. Does your graphics card have a S-Video slot? If so, you need to hook up something to that, switch it to AV, and switch your "regular" monitor back to the one on your desk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back